Thursday 26 March 2015

Digital Imaging - Iconic Image

I have been struggling for a while to think of how I can re-create an iconic image. I have spent days thinking of what image would be good to re-create and that has some meaning behind it. After a good old think, I actually came up with the idea of re-creating or capturing an image from Harry Potter. Being a big fan of all things Harry Potter and my generation being the generation growing up with it when I was little, it was sort of something that was part of my childhood, going into my teenage years, and that was also close to home.

Parts of the first two films of Harry Potter were filmed in Lacock, and with it only being a 5 minute drive from where I live, back in 2001 and 2002, my family and I spent hours in Lacock on the evenings it was being filmed to see if we could get a glimpse of some of the cast. I saw a couple of heads, but it was hard to see a lot with everyone else trying to catch a glimpse of the cast, but a couple of heads was enough for me, just to even say I was there was definitely an experience!!

Some of the very first scenes of Harry Potter were filmed in the centre of Lacock, and I wanted to capture a moment that was very iconic in the film. So I decided to pick rather than inside the Abbey where classroom scenes were filmed, I was going to shoot the house of Harry Potters parents and the scene of the exterior.

The image below is the original image in the film (sorry its not very clear!!)



And here is my image (taken in the day!)




For this image below, I tried to use my shadow as the shadow of 'Voldemort' to get it as close as possible to the original image.




I also shot other significant buildings which made an impact in the film, which were Lacock Abbey and Cantax House, used in the Half Blood Prince  as Prof. Slughorns house.


 
 



If you ever get the chance to go to Lacock or if you are just passing by, its a lovely small historic village that is so nice to walk round. I hope you like my images as much as I do.


X

No comments:

Post a Comment