Tuesday 21 April 2015

Digital Imagery - Montage

At the moment I am posting a lot of digital imagery blogs, due to the fact that they are all part of an assignment that I have been set, which is due in this week. One of the last imagery techniques that I am going to blog about is called, 'Montage'. I had never actually used montage before, as it is definitely more of a graphic design type of technique that is used, but I was very excited to get going with it to see what I could produce in a small amount of time.

Our task was to produce a triathlon poster that consisted of the three spots involved within a triathlon, swim, cycle and run. I'm quite a big sports fan so I wanted to use images that stood out for me and that would best represent the triathlon. The process of placing the images and fading them out to merge within the image was a challenge as I didn't want the three images to overlap too much, so I re-sized them and placed them all towards the centre which worked well. Because the background was blue, from using the swimming image as the main background, I wanted to incorporate blue into the other images to bring all the elements of the poster together as one.
 
 
My poster is below
 
 
 
 
 
 


I am really pleased with my final outcome and I feel I have produced a poster that promotes the triathlon aswell as showing the work and the specific techniques that have gone into creating a poster like this. I have always loved the art and design side of photography or other creative means, which I put into practice here to produce a poster that incorporates montage in my own individual way.

No comments:

Post a Comment